A Moment of Perfect Clarity


 "January is the quietest month in the garden.  But just because it looks quiet doesn't mean that nothing is happening."

                                    Rosalie Muller Wright

“February is even better, though, because it lets us study why so many of those resolutions are broken.”
– Sendhil Mullainathan


Emotional Weather Report

I don't know who needs to hear this now, today, but know this...YOU ARE ENOUGH.  The Doldrums of January make way for the blustery winds of February, perhaps a  couple of deep freezes yet on the horizon.  The darkness of these two months begins to break mid-February, but the depletion of one's vitamin D stores is fully taking its toll.  So, to you, whomever you are, in whatever situation you find yourself, know that you are a shining, gleaming being, and that you are enough.  Take those extra 30 seconds of daylight and breathe it in.  Hug a pet. Dance to a song.  Be a little goofy.  Do something in this moment that lifts you up just a little bit.

News of the Day

I changed my routine a bit last night, and instead of DOOM SCROLLING social media, or playing inane match three games, or finding the sinister side of the internet, I switched it up a bit...I READ A BOOK!!  I know.  What! the What! now?  I had been reading (re-reading, actually) from Don Miguel Ruiz' The Four Agreements (Amber-Allen Publishing).  I read the section near the end about creating the reality I want to live in.  I am a praying person, so I prayed for clarity, even though I've been struggling through these months, I prayed for clarity.  Now, there is no such thing as magic (or is there?), but at 1:05 a.m. I came fully awake, and I realized my heart had stilled, my head was clear and sharp, and I knew that everything was going to be all right.  Perfect Clarity.  You, dear friends, don't need to hear about my January/February struggles.  Life is hard for everyone. But I guess I just want to say that even though Life is hard, sometimes a small change can make a big difference.  Perhaps the reading triggered something I had been thinking about, and the subconscious brain went to work crafting and weaving to bring on that one perfect moment.

Honestly, I couldn't begin to explain how or why I had that moment, but it's not the first time something similar has happened.  It feels like a switch goes off inside that tells me my seasonal depression is over, just like that.  Today, the day seems brighter, people seem lighter, and I feel better generally than I have done in weeks.  I guess if there is any takeaway, it's that a change in a pattern causes ripples:  Things Happen When You Make Them Happen.

On The Music Front

The first song of 2024 has been written!  It's available on Soundcloud for those who follow, but for those who are new, here's the link: Afterthought by CrossinClay

The song gives you a bit of a heads up as to how I was feeling, but now am not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perfection Was Never The Goal: So Why Is It Now?